The final article in this series of lists looks at the things people tend to say inappropriately when people reveal they’ve got the bladder condition Interstitial Cystitis. For more information about that disease, click this link.
If you’ve made your way through all 5 of these articles, then not only am I super pleased but I’m super impressed!
Let the final list begin!
- I can’t pronounce it – are you sure you’ve not made it up?
- Isn’t that just a bad urine infection?
- Isn’t that just cystitis?
- I get urine infections after intercourse too.
- Have you tried cranberry juice?
- You just need to drink more water.
- You need to go to the bathroom again?!
- Bladder problems make me uncomfortable…
- You take a lot of antibiotics, are you sure that’s safe?
- You’ll end up getting resistant to antibiotics soon!
- Haven’t you just had bladder surgery? Why are you having it again?
- Everyone has a food or drink that irritates them, so it’s nothing new!
- You’re too young to have incontinence problems.
- I can’t believe it’s that bad…
- Why do you need to use catheters? They’re for old people!
- Your catheter makes me feel uncomfortable…
- I have to have bathroom stops on long journeys too.
- Oh, so that’s another food/drink you can’t have? Your life must be so limited!
- Have you not tried pelvic floor exercises?
- It’s a bit gross to know so much about your urine…
To read more articles in this series;