I have been lucky enough to be nominated for the “Disability Blogger Award” by my lovely friend and fellow blogger Jordyn. So I owe her a massive thank you! If you want to know more about her, the link to her excellent blog is here, and her equally excellent Instagram page is here.
The “Disability Blogger Award” was created by a lady called Georgina, who runs her own blog called the Chronillicles. She created this award to highlight those of us in the chronic illness community who are working hard to raise and spread awareness, but also to fill the lack of recognition that’s out there. It’s designed to recognise blogs that are focused on chronic illness, disability and mental health.
There are rules for receiving and nominating others for the award, and you can find them below, but first let’s get to answering the questions that Jordyn has written for me!
1.What is your favorite color and why?
My favourite colour is probably yellow, which is funnily enough the colour for Endometrisos Awareness! I don’t really have a reason why, perhaps it’s because it’s so bright.
2. What is your biggest inspiration for writing about what you do? Why?
My biggest inspiration is simply that I want to raise awareness and let people know what life is really like when you’re battling your health on a daily basis. I faced many years of not being believed and not getting answers, as well as receiving misdiagnosis’, so I hope that even if my blogs reach one person and it prevents them from going through the delays I faced, then that’s my job done.
3. If you had to pick one band/artist to listen to for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
That’s a hard one because I have so many that I love! But I’d probably say Daughtry – their lyrics and songs just reach out to me.
4. What is your favorite imaginary animal? Explain.
I don’t have an imaginary animal, but my favourite animal by far is the bunny. I have house bunnies and you simply won’t believe the amount of happiness and love they bring.
5. Who is the most supportive person in your life?
My husband, no question about it.
6. What is the best feeling in the world? Why?
It’s a toss up between knowing we manged to get pregnant – something we’ve wanted for so long – and knowing how supportive and loving my husband is.
7. What is your absolute favorite book you’ve ever read or what are you reading right now?
My favourite books are the “Shopaholic” series by Sophie Kinsella – they are easy to read yet really funny. I’m currently reading “Cocktails for Three” by Sophie Kinsella (although she is writing as Madeleine Wickham). I’ve also started a little “book” highlight on the Endo Bunny Instagram page as I love reading.
8. Do you have any pets? If so, tell me a little about them. If not, tell me about a pet you wish you could have (real or imaginary).
I do! I have two house bunnies called Thumper and Harley Pickles, both rescue bunnies. I also used to have another one called Nola who sadly passed away. My parents and I love the fact we are giving them the best life possible. They are incredibly loved (and spoilt!) and you wouldn’t think it, but bunnies have individual personalities and shower you with love right back. They pop up on my Instagram page from time to time.
9. When did you decide to speak up about your experiences?
I think (if I remember rightly!) I started Endo Bunny in the middle of last year – both the Instagram page and website. There wasn’t anything in particular that made me want to start it, I just found I was speaking about my health more and more on my personal accounts but didn’t feel I could share everything, so I created a platform where I could. Not everyone knows Endo Bunny exists.
10. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why? If not, explain why.
I honestly wouldn’t change anything. Yes, it’s pretty rubbish to be living with multiple health problems, but it’s been one heck of a journey that is now a part of me. It’s taught me who my friends really are, who I can rely on and how strong I really am.
I have nominated a few other blogs for this award, so if you’re reading this then please find your questions (and the rules) below!
My questions to you…
- Tell me and my readers something about yourself
- How long have you been blogging about disability/chronic illness/mental health?
- What was the reason you started writing about disability/chronic illness/mental health?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who might be in a similar position?
- Do you have any hobbies? If yes, what are they?
- Do you have a favourite film?
- Is there anything you would change about the healthcare system?
- Tell me and my readers something positive that’s happened recently
- Finally, what’s the best thing about being a part of this community?
- Thank your nominator
- Recognize Georgina from Chronillicles as the creator of this award and link her URL – https://www.chronillicles.com
- Use the Disability Blogger Award logo somewhere in your post
- Copy these rules onto your post
- Answer your nominator’s questions
- Write 5-15 of your own questions (they don’t need to be illness related)
- Nominate 5-15 other disability, chronic illness, mental illness, or special needs bloggers
- Comment on each of your nominees’ latest posts to tell them they have been nominated